The effects of Uganda’s turbulent past and the scourge of AIDS have left nearly 2 million orphans.
CRU sponsors help our children by giving regular financial support, and providing opportunity and hope! Some of the children we support live with their extended families and attend local schools, others attend our school, Maria’s Care Primary School in Kamuli. They may also be boarding at a specialist deaf school, secondary school or vocational training college unless they live close enough to walk or cycle from home.
- £10 per month supplies a primary child’s food
- £15 per month supplies a secondary school child’s food
- £25 per month pays for full care of a primary child
- £35 per month pays for full care of a secondary school child
Whilst the impact of AIDS on orphans is well known, much less is reported on the difficulties faced by older people in Uganda. Where their own children have died of AIDs many are left with not only having to look after themselves in their old age, but also often having to look after their grandchildren.
CRU needs people who would be willing to sponsor a Granny or older person by giving regular financial support.
- £10 per month supplies basic needs such as a large bag food, soap and salt
- £15 per month supplies the above plus some basic medicines
- £25 per month supplies the above plus some clothing, blankets etc